Friday, December 24, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
2. be in a band
3. go on more Photo shoots than this year
4. make new friends (which I always do)
5. graduate early
6. hopefully take a road trip somewhere
7. get a girlfriend
8. perform at a concert
9. try many new things
10. be more social
11. figure out what i want to do with my life
12. do some crazy stuff
13. become a better person in general
14. realize that its actually a month away from the new year, before i write this
those are the ones i can think of at the moment. not in any specific order or importance though. we'll see how many i actually get done
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
this year. It was early. probably September. Girl trouble. but before that, Dallas, Shannen and I hung out at the mall. honestly, I hate malls. we met up and were trying to find Jessi. we all started freaking out about how pissed she was going to be since we couldn't find her. It was weird. but we spoke of suicide. how we were each going to do it. it was a bad time. roughly a month later dallas, ethan and I were at my house and horrible truths were told. Things that should never ever be heard by any human being! (they weren't about us) we were all in a bad state. and that is as far as I'm going to go on that topic. and after that is when the girl problem truly started. and that whole thing was really stupid. but basically I almost lost a good friend from it. one day, I went home and made a playlist called "The End" of all the songs I would listen to before ever killing myself. It still exists, in fact I'm listening to it at the very moment. currently things are pretty good. all that previous stuff has been worked out. but do know this....if I ever decide to do it. It will be a really unique/crazy/awesome way of going. so if you turn on the news someday and hear a loon committing a crazy suicide, just remember the good times we've had. and honor my funeral requests (previously listed somewhere on my blog)
to quote Social Distortion "It's Heaven and Hell here, which one will I live today?"
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Keep your edges straight, and sharp!
Don’t let any substances tear, your life apart!
Say no to drugs, sex and alcohol!
Don’t let yourself get backed up, against that wall!
If you are offered something, just say no way!
You’ll look back and thank, yourself someday!
Keep your guard up don’t ever let it down!
Or you’ll end up on a path, that you, can’t turn around!
Smokin’ and drinkin’ may seem so very fun!
But you won’t think that when you, when you die young!
You don’t need these things to have, a good time!
Don’t waste your life away, your in your prime!
So keep your edges straight, and sharp!
Don’t let any substances tear, your life apart!
this is a straight edge punk song i wrote today...too bad i don't have a punk band! I need to change that!
What have I done?
How did I manage to alienate myself from all that I care about?
What have I done?
To make you so sad
What have I done?
That’s caused you to be so angry with me
What have I done?
I’ve gone and ruined our friendship.
Can You forgive me?
Standing on the edge.
I peer over the side, it’s a long way to the bottom.
I stand there pondering.
Is this the end?
Is this the road to my final destination?
Slowly I begin to shuffle forward.
It feels like years until my toes are hovering over the edge.
Then suddenly I run!
I run far away from the cliff.
Today is not my day.
I need to get away from this place!
I need to run away…
To escape the drama,
To escape the people,
To escape the pain.
I need to dissolve into a realm of
And snow capped peaks,
Never to return
yeah these are all based on experience
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Another thing I need is a sweet Sas quatch costume. then i could make hilarious videos of sasquatch sightings. I'd highly enjoy running around the BYU campus in such a costume. One of the main reasons i want one though is to wear skiing. Imagine jumping out of the bushes in a sasquatch costume and chasing some kid down the mountain! Dallas has found a sasquatch costume we could use, but its $100. I haven't seen it yet though, so we'll see what happens.
also, I really want to go snowshoeing. just thought I'd throw that in
Monday, October 25, 2010
1. Treat Women with respect
2. be ridiculous
3. be a good friend
4. be kind to everyone (even if they don't deserve it)
5. act as ridiculous as you feel like
6. Don't care what anyone says/thinks about you
7. always expand the music collection
8. do crazy stuff, just because I'm me and I can
9. take care of posessions
10. don't go anywhere without an ipod
11. get good grades
12. read classic books
13. don't watch any TV
14. take a my camera on all vacations
15. watch "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" at least once a month
16. go to concerts
17. wear all orange
18. fulfill my delusional impulses
19. work hard
20. take nothing seriously
those are the main ones i can think of right now
Friday, October 22, 2010
Where does the train lead? Did I miss the exit? The ticket to escape this madness? surely there must have been a sign, but no! there was no warning. only a bag of peanuts and a slap in the face.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
2. Lie to all cops should you get pulled over
3.drive on the left side of the road between 9 p.m and 4 a.m.
4. close your eyes when driving around all corners
5. use your headlights only during the day
6. drive as fast as you possibly can in the snow
7. if an officer of the law attempts to pull you over, floor it!
8. if you happen to own a paintball gun, drive around and shoot every white car you see
9. when approaching a red light, jump out of the car and do a dance that involves waving your middle fingers in the air
10. only drive backwards on the freeway
but remember kids, always wear a seat belt! (and full body armor)
warning, the previous driving tips created by Mr. Morgan Knapp are all bloody stupid ideas, therefor you should never attempt any of them. If you do decide to be a moron and ignore this warning, you do so at your own risk. Mr Morgan Knapp can not be held liable for any consequences that should come of following such tips.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
1. I was at a small punk concert a few years back. I got in a fight with this kid trying to tell him that David Bowie is not a punk musician, I argued with him for a while and he started to get really pissed, he pushed, so I punched him, then he picked up a baseball bat and slammed it into my skull. The next thing I knew I was sitting in the hospital with a bandage on my head!
2. the year was 1999, I was five years old and just learning to ride a bike, it was the second time I’d ever rode on asphalt (practiced on a grass hill before). I didn’t quite know how to work the brakes very well and was going way too fast. I came flying around a corner, lost control, went flying off my bike and hit a large rock with my head. Blood was spurting everywhere and we rushed to the hospital fast as we could. I got nine staples and too many stitches to remember. I learned to always wear a helmet…
3. when I was no older than seven, it was discovered that I had a small tumor in my head. It wasn’t really affecting me, but the doctors wanted to get it taken care of so that somewhere down the road it wouldn’t cause any problems. I was super scared about the whole deal, cause I’d never had surgery and I was freaking out that I was going to die(you know how kids over react about everything). It was a scary time in my life. But when the day came around and it was time for me to go under, I mustered up all my courage, gave my parents big hugs. I started shaking and was probably going into shock when the nurse came in with a big needle. She stuck it in my head, and poof, I was out cold. When I awoke my head hurt really bad, but after a few days in the hospital I was allowed to return home. I had to wear a silly bandage on my head for a few days though.
4. Probably about six years ago, my father and I were hiking around our the property we have down by Escalante (southern utah). We were just hiking along and I must have not been paying much attention, but I slipped on a loose rock and went tumbling down a steep rocky hill. It was the scariest thing ever, I was wonder if I would ever stop as I bounced from rock to rock. I remember hitting a rock really hard then seeing blood running down my face, suddenly everything went black. I woke up in a hospital around 4 hours later, having no idea where I was or what had happened. My dad was there and came running in when they told him I had woken up. He asked if I was alright and told me what had happened. And apparently while I was tumbling, I managed to break my ankle as well. So yeah, that’s why I don’t like getting very close to the edge of cliffs or any other tall/steep things I could fall off.
Which story is correct you ask? Well, I’ll leave that up to you to decide.
Why is dancing around, shoving and slamming into random strangers so much fun? Why is getting battered and bruised such a pleasurable act to commit at concerts? Since it’s so fun, why don’t more bands create music suitable for this form of pure madness. The genius of it all: in a good pit, its pure fun, dancing around smashing into others, if you fall down everyone helps you up, no throwing punches or actual fighting. It’s a great way to bring people together. You are all there for the music; people tend to forget all their worries and woes. Everyone just enjoys the music (you certainly don’t have to have a mosh pit to bring people together like that) but to me it seems those that are in a pit together come out with a higher level of so to speak friendship and understanding. Plus, who doesn’t like to “beat up” drunk people?
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
anyways, just a thought
Friday, October 8, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Now that I've told you this, when the time comes, you guys had better follow my wishes. Or else I'll have to come back and haunt everyone (which means appearing at your front door wearing a skirt when you have company over)
Friday, October 1, 2010
well, bottom line is forget homework! I'm going to become a hobo :)
Monday, September 27, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Shannen, I'm sorry for causing all these problems, pains and troubles for you. I ask for your forgiveness and hope that we can continue being great friends.
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
anyways, moral of the story is there are no such things as "Leagues" so wake up!
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
0. early morning seminary @ 7:30
1. Honors Chemistry
2. Pre Calculus
3. Chinese 2 (also War and Peace Lit.)*
5. Discreet Math
6. Sociology Through Film
7. Math Major
* I had to Change my Chinese class to third period, to take it since thats the only time the teacher can do it. but I already signed up for War and Peace Lit, since I need and English. But Stephanie is going to let me do the classwork at home, so I won't actually ever go to it.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Friday, July 30, 2010
I've decided to do a thing that I call Photo From the Vault. So every Friday, I am going to put up a random photo that has me in it. If the photo has a particular story I'll certainly tell it. This one is me and my first Brother Eli taken on October 22, 2003. He was 11 months old, I was 9
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
1.The Grateful dead (when I was about 1 year old @ the Delta Center)
2.Bob Dylan (2 consecutive nights @ Red Rocks Ampitheatre in Colorado)
3.The Vandals (@ the Venue)
4.Bad Manners (@ the Venue)
5.Bob Dylan (@ Deer Valley)
6.Henry Rollins Spoken Word (@ Murray Theater)
7.Stan Ridgway (@ the Bit N' Spur)
8.The Doobie Brothers (opening for the Dead @ the Gorge)
8.The Allman Brothers (opening for the Dead @ the Gorge)
8.The Dead (@ the Gorge in Washington)
9.Gogol Bordello (@ Murray Theater)
10.The Offspring (Big Ass Show @ Usana)
11.The Vibrant Sound (@ Velour)
12.Rancid (@ the Venue)
13.Bob Dylan (@ Saltair)
14.2 and 1/2 White Guys (@ Main St. Theater)
15.Paul McCartney (@ Rio Tinto Stadium)
16.The Rhythm Devils (@ Red Butte Gardens)
Those are all the concerts I've been to (or at least that I can think of right now)
and I hope to see Bob Dylan again this Aug 17th!
Monday, July 26, 2010
1st. Honors Chemistry
2nd. Outdoor Rec.
3rd. Literature of War and Peace
4th. Pre Calculus
5th. Discreet Math
6th. Chinese 2
7th. Math Major
yep, I'm taking quite a few Josh Faulkner classes. Figured I'd better get them before he's gone! and that will leave me with 4 years of math credit.