Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Child Abuse

I must say I haven't written in quite a while. thought about it a few times. then decided I didn't want to write about this or that. however, I am writing today to talk about how sick child abuse makes me. How can anyone be so fucked up that they start harming children? either sexually, emotionally, or physically. There is an evil so foul upon this earth, an evil that resides all over. I decided to look up the statistics of child abuse. Every 10 seconds there is a report of child abuse. 5 children every day die from some form of child abuse. Over 60% of people in drug rehabilitation centers report being abused or neglected as a child. Abused children are 25% more likely to experience teen pregnancy. Children who experience child abuse & neglect are 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile, 28% more likely to be arrested as an adult, and 30% more likely to commit violent crime. And thats only in the U.S.! There is currently a documentary out about child abuse in the Catholic church. its called "Deliver us from Evil". I recommend watching it. Another problem is a large portion of children who are or have been abused never admit it, because they are so terrified of the consequences. They day I turn 18, I plan to somehow get a motorcycle and join the motorcycle gang "Bikers Against Child Abuse". I think its an amazing group. you should all go to this website and read what they are about. at least scroll down and read the 4 levels of intervention.

http://bacaworld.org/about/mission/

4 comments:

  1. baca! I have tight connections with baca. If you are seriously thinking about it. :) My mom works children's justice against child abuse with baca, and I get to hang with them quite a lot. Hit me up if you want some connections into that area of work!

    PS fabulous. I loveeee you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those statistics just make me sick..

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! I'd love to do something with baca

    ReplyDelete