Monday, July 26, 2010

Rhythm Devils

Last Night, I went to the Rhythm Devils concert at Red Butte Garden in SLC. The Rhythm Devils are Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart (the two Drummers/percussionists of the Grateful Dead) with a bass player, two guitarists and an African man playing a Talking Drum! It was a super great concert and they played a lot of Grateful Dead songs plus some of their own Rhythm Devils songs. It was an experience truly beyond words. The highlights of the show for me were when they played an amazing Cold Rain and Snow and also a Scarlet Begonias/Fire On the Mountain jam. I have to admit that some of the most spiritual moments in my life have been at concerts, and that was one of them. Truly no better way to spend an evening! I hope to have the opportunity to see them again soon. And I pray every day that the Dead will tour again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment