Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jamaica

I have decided to copy all my journal entries from the trip onto this here blog. there are a few confidential details that I may leave out, but other than that, everything is going to be word for word what I wrote. rather than posting all the entries today, I am most likely going to do two a day until they are finished. Any questions or comments, be sure to drop me a line.

Sunday 5/22/2011  (Day 1)
So yesterday was JD and Jess's wedding (my cousin). The plan after that was to wake up at 3:00 a.m. and head to Walden to go to the SLC Airport and jump on a plane to Jamaica. End of year School trip, thats what this is. So I decided to just not go to bed. About 5:30 we rolled into the airport, got our bags checked and flew out at 7 a.m.  Our group includes Josh Graham, Bev, Wendi, Eli, Olivia DeHaas, Chelise, Holly, Mari, Josh Cockrell, Colman, Jace, Sage, Ethan, and of course me. The 14 of us flew to Chicago, had an hour layover there and ate deep dish Pizza. Holly took a drink of a soda sitting on the table, then realized it didn't belong to any of us. We teased her about getting mouth herpies from some creepy looking guy. Then we jumped on a plane to Miami. Had a two hour layover there, and some tasty Cuban food for dinner. We also ran into the other group from our school going to Ecuador. Finally we jumped on a plane for Kingston. From Miami to Kingston it was about a 1.5-2 hour flight. We arrived in Kingston at about 10:00 p.m. their time (9:00 Utah time). After going through the joys of customs, we exchanged currency and were set loose on the island. We jumped on a bus, rode about 30 min. to the centerish of Kingston, to what is considered one of the nicer parts of the city. Arrived at the Hotel Chelsea, and got to sit around waiting for an hour for them to get our rooms ready. Let me just say It's bloody hot here! Probably 80ยบ, and really humid. Essentially it's a Sauna. And that's the temperature at Midnight! We finally got into our rooms...They're super ghetto.  two beds, a bathroom and nothing else. Josh Graham, Ethan and I are sharing a room. Oh and did I mention there is a dance club here that is playing super awful music really really loud. At this point, all we can hope for is that there are no bed bugs! but hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep since I've been awake for the last 41 hours. Tomorrow will be quite an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment