Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Don't Care too Much for Money

I've been thinking about this for a few years. figured it's finally time to write it down. Money seems to rule the world. Greed. I've known many a person captivated by money. They spend all their time slaving away to make as much money as possible. Material possessions are what they're seeking. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Personally I don't care at all for money. Yet at the same time, It's convenient and nice to have. I must say I'm certainly glad to have a job and all that, but there are more important things. More powerful than CEO's, Professors, Politicians, money and everything else: Love. The most valuable possession we could ever have! and I'm not just talking about love for a partner. Love for your family, Friends, Neighbors. Love for that random stranger standing on the corner that waves at you as you drive passed. Love for the smiling faces you encounter throughout life. There is no sum of money worth that. makes me think of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwZsFKIXa8 Often times it seems like we get so wrapped up in the pursuit of wealth and other things that we take  love for granted. If any one of you came to me and said "you have two options, I'll give you a million dollars, or instead you can see me smile once every day for the rest of your life" I can honestly say that I'd refuse the money. Maybe I'm just crazy, but that's what I believe. Also I just realized that I'm cutting up an old credit card while I'm writing this. haha, good stuff. I didn't even notice I was doing that. quite appropriate for the topic though. So there you have it, that's my money rant. maybe I should be a motivational speaker or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment