Thursday, July 28, 2011

Important meetings

Yesterday I went and met with a counselor at Walden (Amy) to see what classes and such I need to take this year. so we sat down and looked over all my grades and those other boring papers that happen to be important. Turns out I only have to take Senior Seminar, Financial Lit, one term of U.S. Gov, one term of world civ, one term of majors, and one term of computer tech (which I'll hopefully do as a packet). Other than that, I just need to turn in a few papers for p.e. and service credit. So pretty much after this semester, I'm done. But it makes me sad. I don't want to be done. We talked about my future, what I want to do and where I want to go to college all that. But the thing is I have no idea. I don't know what I want to do for the rest of my life! That's a pretty heavy thing to decide at 17 years old. Feel like I'm sealing my fate. She told me my grades are excellent and that I'm in great shape. Can pretty much go wherever I want, but I don't know that either. She told me "you could do anything and be good at it, you have a diverse set of skills and will succeed" (sounds like a fortune cookie) I suppose I should be flattered, but I don't really care. Also she reccommended taking AP Calc. and Physics, to stay fresh and ready for college. Personally I hate science. But I may stick around and take Calculus, and maybe maybe I'll do physics. If I did that, I could do concurrent enrollment at UVU or something if it so pleased me. I'm just not sure yet cause I really don't want to leave. Truth be told, the whole meeting depressed the hell out of me. Looks like this is the spot I'm in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo4Y0TxW41g

1 comment:

  1. Or you can take classes all year round and graduate with super honors or whatever it's called.

    ReplyDelete