Friday, July 22, 2011

From Please Please Me to Let It Be

Today I decided to listen to the entirety of the Beatles albums. starting at the beginning. I'd nearly forgotten how much I love them. When I was but a wee child I used to listen to the Beatles White album every night in bed. I did that for probably about 2-3 years. when I turned 12, I saved up $300 and bought the complete box set of their studio albums. One of the best things I ever did in my life. There isn't an album I dislike. Even the early stuff I love. I was surprised while listening to them today that I could still sing along word for word 90% of the songs. When I was like 13 though I would have been able to tell you every song on every album in the order they were listed. Lets just say I was a 14 year old girl from the 60's. A real warehouse of information on the Beatles. It shocks me how much I relate to their music though. The Help album specifically is pretty much the entire story of my love life, good and bad. Funny stuff. hmmm. Maybe I'll listen to the entirety of Tom Waits or Jethro tull albums next...It'll be training for when I listen to my complete Grateful Dead collection ( 5 straight days and 7 hours of music at this point)

No comments:

Post a Comment