Saturday, December 24, 2011

Geronimo

Dear Little Brother, 

     You gave me quite a scare this morning. I awoke to find that you decided to give Mom a night of excitement and a trip to the hospital. Let's just say you made a big splash. Now I suppose the waiting game begins. But take your time. There's no rush. I'm sure you've heard talk about all the exciting festivities going on this winter month. And I imagine you want in on them. But you'll get your chance. There are many holiday seasons yet to come. The world can be a dark dark place. The way I see it, there is no hurry to get out here. Yet there is still  much good to be found. I look forward to meeting you. Don't tell anyone, but between you and me, I actually am a sucker for newborns. I love to hold them in my arms and ponder the beauty of life. How innocently it begins. I wish I were innocent again. Even though I'm nearly 18 years older than you are going to be, we'll still have good time together. It will be weird growing up, As I have to get on with my life, I feel that the next few years won't provide us enough time to get acquainted. But don't worry, we'll have our days, our grand adventures.

      When Zander said we should name you "Geronimo Stiltskin" he was only joking, or maybe confused. You don't need to live up to his name for you. For I have been told the name we'll call you is Leo. The lion of zion. hmm. maybe that will be my nickname for you. Though maybe it's your time, I mean what do I know? That's between You, Mother, and God. You're a lucky one little brother. you've already got a lot going for you. Great parents, and a whole slew of siblings who love you dearly. You're going to live a good life, full of beauty and happiness. I can feel it in my heart. But times are going to get tough. I can understand that. It's just a part of life. Just remember, there are people who care for you, who love you. And I'll always have an open ear if you need someone to talk to. Even at 3 a.m. when you sneak out of the house to pay me a visit.



                                                                                                                  Love,
                                                                                                                        Big Brother

No comments:

Post a Comment