Monday, December 26, 2011

The End

I was at the top of my game.
The perfect hand.
I had seen the light.
And I knew how I was going to play my cards.

Then the tide changed.

I don’t know why.
Or how it happened.
But I fell.
Just when I was about to lay it down,
I lost it all.

Maybe it wasn’t meant to be.

But I’d worked so hard.
Given it my all.
And somehow I paved the way for another.
Gave him all the keys.
Taught him all the tricks.

I thought it was the one.
I was in for the kill.
But in the end, I won nothing.
Nothing but a fit of jealous rage.
And a dark black hole to be sick in.

And I screamed out at the world.

Cursed it’s very name.
I tried to escape.
Tried to escape.
But I couldn’t.

For deep down, I still want to play the game.

But why?
There is nothing in it anymore.
No strawberry pancakes.
No subtle convictions.
No more adventures.
Nothing.

All I have left is a Fool’s hope
And a shiny dagger.

No comments:

Post a Comment