Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spiritual Experience

I don't know why, but I have a strong attachment to the song Box of Rain by the Grateful Dead. as well as Let it Be by the Beatles. I cry almost every time I hear either of those songs. I've had the great pleasure of seeing both songs performed live. Box of Rain by the Grateful Dead, with Phil singing it. he wrote the song about his dying father. hearing them play that song was honestly and truly the most spiritual moment I've ever had. This last summer I saw Paul McCartney play Let It Be. it was beautiful. no words can even come close to describing either of those experiences. I can honestly say that I'd give everything and anything to see the Grateful Dead again. Computer, camera, Wurlitzer, I'd trade any of those in a heartbeat for an opportunity as amazing as that. had I been born 60years earlier, I know that I could have been the poorest bum ever, but if I was able to follow the Grateful Dead on tour I'd be the happiest man alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment