Sunday, April 29, 2012

Adventures In VW Land

Life has been crazy lately. Filled with madness and loads of work. I've been all over the place, doing all kinds of things. But for the moment, I'm only going to tell you about my new ride. A few months ago, my dad and I drove out to the middle of nowhere, near Vernal Utah. We were picking up a V.W. Vanagon Bus. My dad has a V.W. Syncro (the 4 wheel drive version of the Vanagon). So we went to buy this one for parts. After hauling it back, we decided "why not see what it would take to get it running?". So a few months later we took it to the mechanic, got it checked out. And guess what? It turns out, it does run. Actually, it runs better than my dad's bus. So we put a little work into it, new windshield, seat belts, a new exhaust system, all that good stuff to get it street legal. But while we were slowly getting that done, one day we were off driving in the mountains and long story short...got into a cop chase! Now I'm not going into any detail, cause you never know when Big Brother might be listening, but we narrowly escaped. It was wild! Anyways, This car is super sweet! I love driving it. It's a 1984, and it has the giant sunroof. And when I say giant, I mean giant! it takes up at least half of the roof space. It's not the prettiest car at the moment, still needs a bit of work. But it sure as heck is fun to drive. Also, it's really weird driving our other cars now, because they're automatic and it isn't, plus the bus has a much larger steering wheel than any of our other cars. Here's a picture of it.

My mom decided I needed to have one of those cheesy graduation postcard things to send to everyone. So I said "Fine! but only if I get to wear my kilt". So we took this picture amongst others. But that's what it looks like.

Luckily I should have some free time in about two weeks, so I'll get around to telling a few more tales of my recent adventures. Until then

No comments:

Post a Comment