Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Musicalities

I have this problem with creating music. Now that I'm thinking about it, I have no idea why I'm telling you this. Probably because blogging has become one of my last few outlets of expressing myself. Anyways. Music. I can't write it. I mean I can, but I have zero self confidence when it comes to writing music. Which is a little strange, cause I'm generally a pretty confident person. I can't sit down and write songs. I've probably written somewhere near 200 bass lines that could be turned into songs. only one has. The Girlfriend Song, and that was actually slowed down and modified from the original bass line. Even worse than that, I never feel like I can write lyrics. I mean loads of great songs have super simple lyrics, which makes me think that I can write lyrics. Nope. I can't do it. and to try and combine the music with lyrics...impossible! I never feel like I'm very good at playing Instruments either. People tell me I am, but maybe they're just being nice. Another strange thing though is if I perform music in front of audiences, I'm confident. Like when Dallas and I performed at Timp Lodge this year. No butterflies, no stage fright, no doubts, I can just get up there and do it. And I like to perform too. It's a bloody problem! cause I love music so much, and I would love touring, and being a musician...but the whole writing thing is a big issue. anyways, I didn't mean this to be a complaint session, just throwing things out there, getting them out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment