Saturday, January 14, 2012

Had to Cry Today

    Crying. It's a beautiful thing. No one likes to be sad, or have bad things happen to them. I know I don't. But I think crying is an essential part of life. I've always been a crier. Movies, books, and music get me all the time. As well as life experiences. It reminds me that I'm human. Humbles me. And I feel like every time I cry, I learn something from it. Become more connected with my heart and soul. Like I said, I don't like to be sad, but crying is just nice. and you certainly don't have to be sad to cry either! Tears of joy are just as great if not better. After a good long cry, I always feel better too.
    One of my fondest childhood memories is of crying. When I was roughly around nine years old, my dad read Sage and I all of the Great Brain books. We loved listening to them every night. Once we finished reading all of the books in the series, we picked up another book by J.D. Fitzgerald titled: Papa Married a Mormon. It was basically an autobiography of Fitzgerald's childhood. I remember coming to the end of the book, reading the passage where he is talking about his dying father. My Dad and I just sat there, crying our eyes out, unable to read any further. It was one of the most amazing and beautiful moments of my life. I'll never forget it. In fact, It's getting me all teary eyed right now just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment