Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Quest for a Hobby

I suppose there is some explaining that needs to be had. So one of my New Years resolutions...that I actually made up on the 31st of January was/is to go a whole month without using my computer. Which is why I haven't been on Facebook or blogging as much. Figured I waste too much time doing nothing on my computer. I pretty much only use it for listening to music, Facebook, and photography(which I haven't really been doing lately). So I unplugged my computer. I mean, all of my music is on my Ipod anyways, so it's not really a problem. But there is a problem! I have nothing to do anymore. no way to spend my time. and I am now currently on a quest for hobbies. Thus far my quest has taken me to the research phase. I found after Googling "good hobbies" a few options. pipe smoking, ale brewing, ballroom dancing, and of course Shark hunting! Hmmm don't think any of those will work too well for me. Though apparently I do have a lot of hobbies according to the lists I found. But none of them are satisfying/time consuming/tedious enough...like word searches...that's pretty much all I have been doing recently. I did find a new hobby of sorts a few weeks ago, I read O Captain! My Captain! and Moonlight. you'll have to scroll down and find them. Check it out: http://librivox.org/short-poetry-collection-104-by-various/ can't do that anymore though...kind of need a computer.  Last week, I was so bored that I went to bed at like 8:00. yeah that was a bad idea. woke up at midnight and couldn't sleep any more. Now I have pretty much have nothing to do. It's been bloody boring!  But hey, I get to bed alot earlier without a computer to distract me. I do have an idea for a hobby though. But I have none of the necessary equipment, and no clue how to actually do it. So we'll see what ends up happening with that. Don't worry, I'll let you know. Anyways, you guys should give me some hobby suggestions, yes? I think so. preferably reasonable ones, but hey, I don't discriminate.

1 comment:

  1. movie making, graffiti, stamp collecting, boating, boat making, moat making, extreme leap frog, photography, learn 5 new instruments, study the civil war, archery, computer programing, firework making, dog training, rapping, shoe making, sewing, hacking, folk art, wood carving, glass blowing, ice sculpture, welding, hobby list making, rock collecting, insect collecting, printing, t shirt making, cooking, cereal making, serial killing, stalking, bird watching, costume making, protesting, and finally, netflix watching. Do one of these things. Maybe not the illegal ones, but one of them.

    ReplyDelete